Hello fellow chicken enthusist

FarrahB

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 17, 2014
I've been using and enjoying this site for quite some time now but I've finally joined! I do need some advice. I have four lovely backyard hens that we raised from hatchlings. Their birthdays are April 3 or 4th of this year. I have two EE and one of mine just started laying last week. This poor girl is not having an easy time of it. She has been having an egg a day BUT she looks terribly uncomfortable, is acting withdrawn and pooping white/yellow messy poops. She's only had three eggs and I think maybe she's still just getting the hang of it but oh man does she look just miserable. Any thoughts???

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sorry about your hen!
hugs.gif

I'm not sure what is wrong. You should defiantly check out these two links,
https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/nest-box-aromatherapy

Hope you can heal her!

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

I'm sorry about your hen!
hugs.gif
I would post about her in the Emergencies section of the forums, since there are lots of knowledgeable people there who can help. Good luck with her!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I am sorry about your hen. Mountain Peeps X2. You need to post this in our emergency section. I am not sure this poop issue has anything to do with her laying eggs.

I hope someone can help you with her there.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your bird! I'm not quite sure what could be wrong. Hopefully, people in the Emergencies section can help you out!

Best wishes to you and your hen!

Is you hen laying Large eggs? Usually they start small and work up in size. Wonder if she needs an internal exam to see if there is anything in the way.

The eggs seem like the average starter size. Pretty small. Her first one was a bit bigger but the last two look normal.
I did post in the emergency area too. Hopefully someone will have some good advice.

Last edited:
Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) I love your avatar. I'm sorry your hen is having problems and hope someone in our Emergency section can help you. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your EE hen.

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes! I will admit I had NO clue when we decided to 'get a couple chickens' that we would be so enthralled by them! We just love all four of them and their silly little personalities. I often can be found in the backyard (ours free range the entire backyard) watching what I call 'Chicken television on the all chicken channel'. They wander in the house looking for treats (mostly in search of grapes) and follow me every where I go. I'm coined 'the crazy chicken lady' at work and keep all my co-workers updated on any developments.
wee.gif

Thank you everyone for the warm welcomes! I will admit I had NO clue when we decided to 'get a couple chickens' that we would be so enthralled by them! We just love all four of them and their silly little personalities. I often can be found in the backyard (ours free range the entire backyard) watching what I call 'Chicken television on the all chicken channel'. They wander in the house looking for treats (mostly in search of grapes) and follow me every where I go. I'm coined 'the crazy chicken lady' at work and keep all my co-workers updated on any developments.
wee.gif

They are definitely addicting, aren't they. Good luck with your flock. :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom