Hello fellow chicken lovers

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by prycetag, Oct 9, 2013.

1. prycetag

prycetag Out Of The Brooder

Oct 9, 2013
    I am sure I joined this once before but couldn't for the life of me log in and it didn't remember my user name so I have joined again. The reason for this is that we are hatching a turkey. Strange but true. Long story, but anyway it has pipped and we are excited. Although not too sure what we are going to do with it.

We had five chickens before and they all got take by a fox. We have since built a much bigger and better pen that is fox proof. We now have two baby silkies and two baby pekins. They look so small in the pen. We are also incubating some bantam/frizzle crosses. There are 9 embryos doing well. Can't wait.

Lynda
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mehjr10

Mehjr10 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 17, 2012
    Moscow, TN
    Welcome to BYC from West TN !

3. Teri Metcalf

Teri Metcalf Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2013
    College Station, Texas
    Greetings from College Station, Texas. From the pictures, it looks like you're doing a good job of predator-proofing your coop. Good luck with your peeps and your turkey.

4. prycetag

Oct 9, 2013
    Good evening Texas. I am in Queensland Australia. Yup our pen is secure. Aint nothing getting in that sucker. If a fox manages to get in there, probably deserves to get the chickens lol. I am nervous as heck about the turkey. Will be funny as having a turkey in with chickens.

5. Teri Metcalf

Teri Metcalf Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2013
    College Station, Texas
    You're going to have fun with your birds. Please keep posting pictures as they develop.

6. dschicken

dschicken Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2013
    texas
    Good luck on ur incubator eggs hope everything works out. I have 20 suppose to hatch sat.

7. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]Happy you joined!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG] I still want to know where the turkey egg came from

9. prycetag

Oct 9, 2013
    lol. Well a friend of mine went to a nursery (plant) to get some trees and they got to talking and she told the lady how she had a broody chicken, so the lady gave her some eggs, including a turkey egg. Well the chicken hatched the chicks but has since gotten off the next because a turkey egg takes one week longer. So we thought we would put it in an incubator and see what happens. Well the darling little thing is hatching as we speak. lol.

10. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Hi and :welcome

Aww, that's a cute story. Good luck with your flock!
    It looks like you've done a good job with your coop too, the foxes will have some trouble breaking into that, haha.

P.S. I am in Adelaide, hello from another Australian. :frow

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by