Hello! First chicks in Seattle!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by MacNYellow, Jul 31, 2013.

1. MacNYellow

MacNYellow New Egg

Jul 31, 2013
    Hi! My name is Kristen and I just ordered my very first chicks and they should be here next week! I am so excited! Ive been scouring the internet for days looking up any and all information I could find on raising, nutrition, taming.... anything. Its been truly overwhelming especially with all of the different opinions! I have read anything from feeding your chicks a few treats right away to not feeding them any until they are a month old. Start handling them right away to wait until they are 2 weeks..... Its all very confusing! Still, I just cant wait until my little babies arrive!

I only wanted a few and luckily MyPetChicken.com lets you order a small minimum. My husband is only letting me have bantams as hes afraid of noise and the neighbors getting snoopy about them. Im ok with that though, they are adorable! I ordered a Buff Brahma, Mottled Cochin, Barred Rock and Blue Silkie. I already have a list of great names!

If anyone has any tips for a brand new chicken parent please lay it on me! (haha)

2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Welcome to BYC [​IMG] There is some good info in the Learning Center. Enjoy your chicks!

3. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, Kristen, and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! I agree with Sumi - the Learning Center is the place to be! Good luck to you and your flock!

4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

5. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012