HELLO, first time chicken owner from Republic, MO

Delaney

In the Brooder
8 Years
Sep 14, 2011
Billings
Hello! My name is Delaney. I live right between Republic and Billings, Mo. I have an awesome husband, 4 great kids, a pit/greyhound mix, 2 guinea pigs, 2 barn cats and 4 two wk old baby chicks. One is a RIR, still learning the abbreviations so I hope that's right, and the other 3 I'm not sure of yet...lol, bought them as Rainbow layers, so I am guessing that means we will have to wait and see. I have never had chickens before. I always wanted them, raised in 4-H but my parents said no as my mom hated having chickens as a kid, and finally got my husband to agree now that our kids eat eggs like they are candy. My husband found this forum when doing some research and I fell in love with it. It is great! I am learning a lot from here. I have my chickens set up in a brooder now and we are going to start making our coop this next weekend. We have an old one, but we are thinking it will be better to make a new one as this one is pretty worn out and rugged. We will be moving in Aug to a small 10 acre farm right outside Scotts City and have plans for a big coop for at least 30 to 40 chickens , if not more. We will be starting on our big coop this winter. I really want to get some eggs and try hatching some, which I have plan to do in a couple of weeks. I have definitely learned from reading on here how chickens can be addicting. I am looking forward to making new friends and excited to learn more from people on here. Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

frow.gif

Hatching is so much fun. Your kids are going to love it!!!
welcome-byc.gif

Quote:
Wow! What a small world. My kids actually go to Billings schools. We live right on the lines that divide Republic/Billings schools.

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcomes. It's nice to see that I am not the only night owl on here...lol Oh and my kiddos already do love the chickens. They each picked one of them. My kids are 9, 6, 4, and turning 2 on the 19th of Oct. They each named their chickies so we have Stinker cause she has white stripes down her back, Lisa, Lani from Surf's Up cause she looks like a penguin, and Moe Moe my baby's nickname for hers. They are very excited to hatch eggs, so I hope being new at it, the outcome turns out positive.

Back
Top Bottom