1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello first timmer!PICS!!!!! pic of brown eyed baby! Pg 5 or 6

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by Chicken Girl, Mar 13, 2009.

1. Chicken Girl

Chicken Girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Ok so i have been a member for like 4 months? But this is my first time with a broody on eggs. Ok so my broody is on white leghorn pulet and buff cochin roo eggs. What do you all think the chickens characteristics (spelling?) Would be? I cant what to see! LOL What are the strongest genetic trats of the two types of birds?

My Buff Cochin Roo:
    [​IMG]

One of the White Leghorn Pulets:[​IMG]

Could you give me so ideas on what you might think they will look like? Thanks a bunch! And if you have pics of chickens breed with a buff cochin roo or leghorn pls post!

Thanks,
    Chicken Girl

Last edited: Apr 5, 2009
  2. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

(double posting)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2009
  3. DawnSuiter

DawnSuiter Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm going to take a stab at this... lets see how little I've managed to learn from these very smart BYC genetics people

buff chicklets perhaps even white offspring
    yellow legs
    white skin
    probably some leg feathers
    straight combs
    layers I think would lay brown eggs

can't wait to see what the experts have to say

4. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

How about a whitelorbington....... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] ..... i'm bad [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. tiki244

tiki244 Flock Mistress

Jan 1, 2008
    WestCentralWisconsin
    Probably either white or buff or a combo of the two. Maybe they will hatch white and get color later. Probably look like a chunkier leghorn with small amt of feathering on their legs. They will probably be really cute. [​IMG]

6. Chicken Girl

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I sure hope they are! LOL I cant what to seem! I just want an idea of the doment genetics of the two. PLS ceep posting your thoughts! Thanks!

Chicken Girl

7. Chicken Girl

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    Quote:YEAH!!!!!!! I might create a breed and thats what i am going to call it!! LOL

Chicken Girl

8. The Poultry Peanut

The Poultry Peanut lives under rock

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Ducklove334

Ducklove334 Off to another pond

Nov 4, 2008
    Virginia
    I can't imagine what our broodies chicks will look like! she's a red and white mutt bird, and the daddy(s) could be Boogers the dominique, Romeo, the white silkie, or "Bertha" the red mutt roo that looks like a RIR mix, or all three!, but most likely most of the chicks will be Berthas" because he's the one that got hold of her most while she was laying, so they'll most likely be red chicks

keep us updated!

10. Chicken Girl

Dec 31, 2008
    Wisconsin
    I will! I will post first time i see the chicks! LOL I hope they dont act like a leghorn:oops: [​IMG]. I think they are mean. lol But GREAT! for eggs! Pls Ceep posting you thoughts!

Chicken Girl

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by