Hello for North Carolina

emmons314

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 19, 2013
Hey guys! Well, it's taken 3 months, but we finally got our coop made after searching the many ideas that we found here. THANKS!! I had not registered until now, and will post photos soon. In the meantime... A little about us...

My name is Tera, and my husband's name is James. We have a couple of hoodlums that we call kids; Thomas is 17 and Owen is 11. We are a military family who was looking to eat healthier (fresh eggs) and supplement our own food consumption by growing our own food. We decided to start our chicken adventure when we bought outside of town and were able to have chickens.

Recently, our neighbors were looking into getting rid of some chickens who weren't adjusting to their flock, so we just took them off of their hands this week. I will be posting to find out what breed they are because we are uncertain. They are pretty beat up, but are adjusting well to their new home. We were told they were laying, but after 3 days with us, their boxes are bare.

Anyway, we are excited and grateful for this site. It's been super helpful in planning our adventure. I've recommended it to several people. Good job!

Nice to "meet" you all.

Tera

Welcome to BYC! Glad you joined us!
LL

welcome-byc.gif
Chickens often stop laying when there are changes in their life. When they feel secure in they're new home they should start laying ago UNLESS they are going through the molt of feathers.

Thank you. Thank you. I have to tell you that this site has been most helpful! I love all of the knowledge you guys are willing to share!

Back
Top Bottom