Hello from 3 hens in Wiltshire!

Anawena

In the Brooder
May 28, 2022
Hello everyone!
I’ve just joined this wonderful page and wanted to introduce myself and my three hens :)

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I’m new to having chickens, my partner and I got 3 bantams this Easter at 4 months old!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Three

(3) What breeds do you have?

One Blue Laced Wyandotte (Ada), one Buff Laced Wyandotte (Sicaro) and one Red Silkie (Zingy)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

having the farmyard feeling in an otherwise urban setting and also getting to have then wander around us in the garden. Plus the eggs will be a bonus :)

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

My partner and I like cycling, going to concerts, growing stuff in our garden, being outdoors and also watching addictive series together!
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I did have a black cockapoo puppy and a black/white cat at my parents’ house who I see fairly often :) my partner and I are civil servants.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

From googling questions! Was a very useful find

Attachments

• DF6D73A1-E12E-46BF-A9C3-A704CB88D565.jpeg
    DF6D73A1-E12E-46BF-A9C3-A704CB88D565.jpeg
    899 KB · Views: 2
  • 121D881E-DAFB-4854-9D4B-40B119249E9A.jpeg
    121D881E-DAFB-4854-9D4B-40B119249E9A.jpeg
    390.8 KB · Views: 2
Glad to meet you, Anawena. Your chickens are beautiful. You might want to add more predator proofing to that coop. A fox or dog could dig right under the coop as it is. Add an "apron" of half inch hardware cloth around the base, or surround the coop with a good collar of cement or brick or stone that will make the predator have to dig an extra 2 feet to get to the coop. They generally give up at that point.

Glad to meet you, Anawena. Your chickens are beautiful. You might want to add more predator proofing to that coop. A fox or dog could dig right under the coop as it is. Add an "apron" of half inch hardware cloth around the base, or surround the coop with a good collar of cement or brick or stone that will make the predator have to dig an extra 2 feet to get to the coop. They generally give up at that point.
Thank you! That’s very helpful 🙂

Back
Top Bottom