1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from a newbie in Virginia!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by CluckinMa7nUp, Apr 18, 2012.

1. CluckinMa7nUp

CluckinMa7nUp New Egg

Hello my name is Jess I am a new owner of 7 chicks. 6 barnyard mix breed pullets 1-2 months old and a month old barred rock roo. We live in central Virginia. I deffantly need help and tips on caring for them and raising them, so please feel free to stop by and say hello and see if u have a way to help thanks. Jess

2. 1muttsfan

1muttsfan Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Upper Peninsula Michigan
    Hi and welcome to BYC from northern Michigan :D

3. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    Hi and :welcome from Ohio. So glad you joined. Chickens are fairly easy to raise. All they need is good food, fresh water and a place to protect them from predators. Oh and lots of love. :thumbsup

5. dreamer5577

dreamer5577 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2011
    Pennsylvania
    Hi && Welcome!!!
    [​IMG]

6. ADozenGirlz

ADozenGirlz The Chicken Chick[IMG]emojione/assets/png/00ae.png

Oct 18, 2009
    Connecticut
    Hi Jess and welcome to BYC! The best thing you can do is read everything you can find on here and ask lots of questions. If we can help at all, please let us know!
    [​IMG]

7. chem

chem Out Of The Brooder

Mar 30, 2012
    Space Coast, Florida
    welcome jess!

you have come to the right place :)

i am a new chicken mom as well and whenever i need help this is where i go. if you cant find the answer already on the forum just post a new topic and im sure you will get the answers you need. i am still learning as well but if i can ever help you in any way just feel free to ask me and i will try to help you as best as i can.

this is an awesome site with great people! i hope you enjoy your new babies!!!

allison

8. Fierlin1182

Fierlin1182 powered-flight

Aug 26, 2011
    Hello and :welcome
    Chickens are very hardy creatures, they are surprisingly good at taking care of themselves! If our chickens are let out into the garden to free range, sometimes they don't even need feed for the entire day, they will eat insects, and veggies from the garden. (And don't want to eat their boring food after all that :lol:)
    Water, shelter, somewhere to lay, yep I think that's it!
    Enjoy the site. :D

9. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG]

10. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by