Hello from A R I Z O N A the hot state

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by hotmamaj, May 25, 2010.

1. hotmamaj

hotmamaj Hatching

May 20, 2010
    Buckeye
    [​IMG] Just had to get on this site after DH found it for me
    I have 15 laying hens, 2 have gone broody on me. Other then that they are good girls. I really enjoy being in the garden with them and takeing care of them..... They make me Happy.....Looking forward to this summer and the monsoon season. If anyone else is in the area drop me a line and any advise for for the upcomming summer. I sure would appreciate it.
    [​IMG] Thanks J

2. TipsyDog

TipsyDog Songster

May 14, 2009
    Aregua, Paraguay
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from cooler PA!

3. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    Hey, welcome! [​IMG] I spent the day gardening and I am whooped. so I am not waving as enthusiastically as I otherwise would be. [​IMG] there. that's better.
    Glad to have you with us!

4. xtremechickens

xtremechickens In the Brooder

Apr 25, 2009
    Arizona
    Hi There and welcome to the BYC. It can be very addictive [​IMG]......We are also in Arizona and own tons of chickens. Be careful as it starts to heat up in the summer! Lots of water, shade and we even use misters a bit on the 110+ days.....Good Luck and Have fun! [​IMG]

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress 9 Years

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

6. way2gomom

way2gomom In the Brooder

May 22, 2010
    Hi and welcome. :) I'm a new member too, but I just had to stop by since you are from Arizona. My husband's family is from Tuscon and my sister-in-law is vacationing there right now. We live in Indiana now, but we still love Arizona!

7. LarryPQ

LarryPQ Easter Hatch!!

Jul 17, 2009
    Last edited: May 26, 2010
  8. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Crowing

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. Better hot than cold, that's how I like. Of course I was born in AR in Feb. I keep telling my DH that's why I can't handle the cold. I don't belong in Ohio. [​IMG]

9. gckiddhouse

gckiddhouse Songster

Dec 9, 2008
    Desert Hills, AZ
    [​IMG] Yes, come check out our Arizona Chickens thread! We are a fun and funky bunch!

10. cluckin_crazy

cluckin_crazy Green Bot

Nov 29, 2009
    Queen Creek, AZ
    "fun and funky" - you know that's mild... but I guess it's best not to scare people off before they even come over! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: