Hello from Alabama

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ChickADeeHatch, Mar 7, 2017.

1. ChickADeeHatch

ChickADeeHatch Just Hatched

Mar 7, 2017
    Alabama
    Good evening everyone, I am defiantly not new to the chicken world. We have over 150 chickens, 10 different breeds (number 11 is in the incubator). We are NPIP certified and AI clean. Breeds that we have are Australorps, Ayam Cemani, Chocolate Orpington's, Cream Legbars, Dominiques, Easter Eggers, Golden Polish, Rhode Island Reds, Russian Orloffs, White-Faced Black Spanish and Blue Orpingtons in the incubator. I love chickens!
    We started a hatchery a few years ago because our son fell in love with chickens from 4H. He wanted to be able to supply people with healthy birds that grew up on love, sunshine, and bugs. What does any right mind parent do? You help him with his dream of course. :)
    Can't wait to meet everyone!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, ChickADeeHatch, and [​IMG]! Great to have you aboard! Wow! You bring a ton of experience to BYC - that is awesome! I am sure your real world poultry experience will be a benefit. Also, if you'd like to say hello to other AL poultry folks, find the Alabama thread in this link: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you
    Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!!

1 person likes this.
  3. CP Chicken

CP Chicken Crazy about Turkens

Feb 25, 2017
    221B Baker Street
    So glad you decided to join BYC! That is quite a lot of chickens you have there! I only have a flock of 15. :welcome

4. dan26552

dan26552 True BYC Addict

Oct 28, 2014
    Waiting for epicness.
    My Coop
    :welcome: Welcome! That's awesome that you started your own hatchery. I'm in lower Alabama :frow

1 person likes this.
  5. ChickADeeHatch

Mar 7, 2017
    Alabama
    We LOVE everyone of our birds. There are days I miss only having a few but it is what it is. I am always happy to share our experiences. I joined to meet other like minded chicken people and to learn more.
    I'm new to the forum layout though. I know I will learn as I use it more.
    I am located on the AL/FL line. :)

6. eresat55

eresat55 New Egg

Mar 7, 2017
    Stapleton, Alabama
    I'm also from Alabama, but I just bought my first chicks today. I've always wanted to raise chickens, but never lived anywhere that it was allowed. I'm so glad to know experienced people are here!

7. dan26552

dan26552 True BYC Addict

Oct 28, 2014
    Waiting for epicness.
    My Coop

I'm sure you do.

Nice! I'm about 30 minutes from FL

1 person likes this.
  8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

9. ChickADeeHatch

Mar 7, 2017
    Alabama
    Awesome! We can be new eggs together :)
    Congratulations on your new feathered family! I greatly enjoy watching chicks grow up. Each one has his or her own personality.

1 person likes this.
  10. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under ChickADeeHatch [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by