Hello from Alameda, California!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AliCaliChicken, Dec 26, 2009.

1. AliCaliChicken

AliCaliChicken New Egg

Dec 23, 2009
    Hello Everyone,

Thanks to everyone who contributes and administers to this website and forum! We have been learning from you all since September, when we adopted three chicksand happened upon the site during a web search. We are very new to this, but enjoying every minute, from the early days of the three (two Ameraucanas and one Barred Rock) inhabiting a large cage in our bathroom to today, where they are out roaming the backyard.

We've made the recent discovery that one of our family, Bobert, is a rooster! But that is for another post and another time. We love them all so much!

Our family lives in the city of Alameda, in the San Francisco Bay Area. We have two boys, Ben and Nic. In addition to the chickens, we also have a cat and two dogs that make our days brighter.

Thanks again to all of you and wishing you peace in the new year!

Alison
    "mom" to chicken girls Ramona and Donnie and an Ameraucana rooster named Bobert [​IMG]

2. 3goodeggs

3goodeggs pays attention sporadically

May 22, 2009
    North Central Florida
    [​IMG]
    Welcome!

3. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG] from Washington

Congrats on the chickens and joining BYC

Imp

4. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Hello and welcome to BYC Alison! [​IMG]

5. joedie

joedie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    SW Indiana
    [​IMG] from Indiana!

6. Cats Critters

Cats Critters Completely Indecisive

[​IMG]

7. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Hey there!

I'm just across the channel in Oakland! Have you looked up the city ordinances to see if you can keep your dear Bobert? I know in Oakland that there's a noise ordinance against keeping roos. I wouldn't want you to become too attatched only to have the horrible city people come and take him away!

But anyways, let's keep in touch! I've been raising chickens for almost 2 years now so if you ever need some quick advice (where to buy feed, if your birds are behaving oddly, etc.) I'm not too far away. [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Jeremy

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2009
  8. write2caroline

write2caroline Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2009
    Jacksonville
    Welcome [​IMG] From N. FL

I used to be stationed at the NAS there in Alameda before it closed and my kids were born in Pleasanton!
    Enjoy the forum
    Caroline

9. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hi Alison! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! Cute username you've got! [​IMG] Happy Holidays!

10. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by