Hello from Alaska.

Wasilla72

In the Brooder
5 Years
Nov 6, 2014
Hello all, my name is Curt and I am from Wasilla, AK. Looking to get in to, CHICKENS!
big_smile.png
The quick plan is, stationary coop with a chicken tractor, (both completely separate) inhabited by 10 layers.

Let the fun begin!
D.gif

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Definitely stop by our learning center. Lots of good articles to help you get started. Kelsie has left you with the link.

Make yourself at home here and if you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC, Curt! Glad you decided to join our flock. My family and I have visited Alaska on a number of occasions and love it there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have any breed preference.

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone!
love.gif

Not sure on what type of breed just yet, need something hardy (winter weather), and good layers. So far it looks like Golden Sex Links might be a good choice. (Hope I didn't screw up that name, lol ), no need for a rooster, just good layers. They will have a quality coop built to winter in, and going to build a movable pen for them to cruise the yard in during the summer months, with out getting plucked off by predator birds.

Cool site, I have learned a ton already. Back to reading! I am a research nerd.
yippiechickie.gif

Curt
cool.png

welcome-byc.gif
You may also be interested in the "Cold Folks home," thread- very friendly folks posting on any topic that comes to mind. One of our best posters is "Alaskan," and yes, he does live there.

Back
Top Bottom