1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from ATL

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by foghat leghorn, Sep 24, 2015.

1. foghat leghorn

foghat leghorn Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2015
    Hi folks! Somehow, the same week the county legalized it, I caught the chicken keeping bug. Like with all my hobbies, I dove in head first, blindfolded and backwards...but with loads of gumption. My impatience and in experience helped me to learn what kills baby chicks as well as aiding me in the purchase sick birds (twice!). So, after 2 months or so of chicken raisin I've been thru a few trials...mainly having to throw together lots of living areas and dealing daily with sick chicks and chickens. Now all the sick ones have died or were culled and I hope everything has stabilized. I have 12 left, aged 5 weeks to 5 months and all are thriving.
    I have learned tons since my early mistakes...from this site mostly.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the BYC flock. You have some beautiful chicks and looks like a couple baby cockerels in the group.

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Glad to hear things have smoothed out for you and the chickens. If you haven't been to the Learning Center yet, take a look at the great articles there dealing with all sorts of poultry topics.

To meet other members in GA, you can find them here:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/121387/yo-georgians

Thanks for joining us!

5. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] Welcome from Macon, so glad you have joined us.

So sorry about your losses and hope all goes well from now on. Good luck in your new adventure.

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. foghat leghorn

foghat leghorn Out Of The Brooder

Aug 7, 2015
    Thanks! All my full size outdoor chickens are hens so I am anxious to see these bantam roosters grow.
    The Seramas I plan to keep indoors (basement area) in various luxury accommodations I build for them lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by