Hello from Atlantic Canada

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Picotine, Jul 13, 2011.

1. Picotine

Picotine Out Of The Brooder

Jul 13, 2011
    Hi,
    i'm a new mommy to a dozen barred rock chicks. we got them as day old almost 3 weeks ago.
    i found this site while googling for some info. trying to figure out how many hen/rooster i ended up getting. there's also a youtube video i saw about an automatic feeder that gave a link to this site. i know i still have much to learn, that's why i want to join this community. you guys seem to be well organized and full of useful info:)

i'm also SAHM of an almost 8 years old son, a just turned 6 yo daughter and 2 cats.
    i was born in a big city but am now living my childhood dream of living in the country.
    i enjoy having my own garden and a large piece of land to enjoy nature(large compared to a city backyard anyway)
    i'm interested in natural health. i also like taking pictures, i do a bit of digital scrapbooking, knitting/crocheting and i probably surf the net much more then i should [​IMG]

Picotine is the name of the first chick we are able to positively recognize from all the others. she's often the first one to run to my hand when i hold food in it for them and often jumps on my hand.

hubby's still in the process of building our chicken coop/tractor. we have no plan and are modifying as we go. i hope to be able to post pictures soon enough to get input on it and also maybe a few pics of my chicks [​IMG]

2. Cadjien_De_Louisiane

Cadjien_De_Louisiane SWLA Gamefowl Breeder

Apr 18, 2011
    Welsh, LA
    Hello welcome from Southwest Louisiana [​IMG]

3. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    Welcome to the forum! [​IMG]

I, too, left the city and am living my dream in the country.

Hope to see photos soon of your chicken coop/tractor!!

[​IMG]

4. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

5. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Hello and [​IMG]

6. chi-rn

chi-rn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

7. Picotine

Jul 13, 2011
    Thank you for all the warm welcome [​IMG]

8. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Hi, I used to live in Halifax, where are you? Those barred rocks will be great layers for you. Welcome to BYC![​IMG]

9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

10. Picotine

Jul 13, 2011
    Quote:i've visited Halifax a few times in the past [​IMG] i live 25 minutes north of Moncton N.-B.
    i'm very new to this whole chicken deal, i hope i can keep em happy. i have good hope they will be good at providing eggs for our family if we don't have mostly roosters [​IMG]
    the irony is that my daughter just decided she don't like eggs anymore as we got the chicks, so it will cut down on our egg needs.

thanks for the welcome [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by