1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Aus!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Leaches123, Apr 6, 2016.

1. Leaches123

Leaches123 New Egg

Apr 6, 2016
    Hello, just thought I would say hi to everyone here. I have already learnt lots of things from reading other posts! Well we've always had chickens on and off over the years, we currently have 14 hens, 4 roosters and 6 chicks (1 week old).. The oldest rooster is a Plymouth Rock, we have an odd mix of bantams, leghorns and others! We have a dog and a cat also, and plenty of wildlife.. Think that's about it by now:)

2. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and [​IMG] - glad that you have joined us.

Theres quite a few members from Down Under and they hang out on the "Australia, six states and that funny little island" thread - so you may wish to go and say hi there and meet members from the country and find out if any members live locally.

All the best
    CT

3. K813ZRA

K813ZRA Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2016
    Pennsylvania
    Welcome to BYC, hope you enjoy your stay here. I know I sure have!

4. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Whether someone is new or not so new to raising chickens, the Learning Center is a great place to find all sorts of interesting articles. If you haven't already done so, check it out.

Thanks for joining us!

5. Leaches123

Leaches123 New Egg

Apr 6, 2016
    Thanks everyone, yes I've checked out many threads and articles already on here, always up for learning something new!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    G'Day and welcome to Backyard chickens. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by