Hello from Australia

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Quail lover, Dec 26, 2012.

1. Quail lover

Quail lover Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2012
    Hey guys,
    I've finally decided that I'd join the community here at BYC after about a month of browsing (I've technically been browsing for almost a year).
    I am seriously thinking into full self sufficiency when I'm older. I own a female dog who's a fox terrier cross whippet (would say the technical term, but I'm not sure if you would find that offensive), an Indian Ringneck (A large parakeet for those who don't know) and two Coturnix Japonica (one male and one female) (side note - if anyone lives in Perth, I'd be happy to swap some quail in the future to keep the bloodlines clean).
    As I'm sure you realised through my side note, I am planning on breeding quail for both eggs and meat while I live with my parents, and yes, I am sure I want to raise for meat, as to be fully self sufficient, you must have a strong stomach ;)
    I've made a plan to not go too far into it while I'm living with my parents, and have organised myself fully so I have enough time to fit in schoolwork, figure skating, dancing (too many types lol) and kite surfing and still have enough space for free time with all the animals :)
    I can't wait to meet all of you here on the BYC forums :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2012
  2. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Hello and welcome to BYC [​IMG] You are starting early with your plans! That's good [​IMG]

3. Quail lover

Quail lover Out Of The Brooder

Dec 25, 2012
    Thanks for the warm welcome :) some of my friends think that I'll have my funeral sorted out by the end of next year ;)

4. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

5. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings, Quail lover, and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our community! Best of luck to you and your birds!

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

7. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!!
    [​IMG]
    Glad you joined us!!!

8. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from washington state glad you joined us!

9. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Wow, you've got a lot going on. Best of luck with your birds [​IMG]

10. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    [​IMG] Follow your dreams and plans.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by