Hello from Bartlett, Tn

bamaboy812001

Hatching
Mar 23, 2015
Hey everyone. I am new here and have to say that this site is great. We just got our first chickens and are excited to see how this adventure turns out. We started off with 6 sex linked that are about 5 weeks old now and just added 2 silkies that are about a week old. I am in the process of building the coop and run now. They will have a 6x6 coop with a 14x6 run. Pictures to come on the build thread when its done.

Last edited:
Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congrats on your new chicks :celebrate If you have your silkies in with your older chicks I would just watch out for the older ones bullying the younger ones out of food or water. Silkies are a breed that tend to be at the bottom of the pecking order and easily picked on. Especially with the 4 week age difference in them.

Good luck on this new chicken adventure I'm sure you will enjoy it very much. Raising chicks is such a rewarding and fun experience. Be sure to ask any questions that you may have everyone here to help and very friendly. Looking forward to seeing your pics.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

Hello
frow.gif
and Welcome to BYC!
woot.gif

Glad to have you join! Feel free to make yourself at home!

Right now i have them in separate brooders next to each other Where they can see each other but not get to each other.

Hello, and welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us.

Congratulations on your new chicks! The Sex-Links should make excellent layers for you, and the Silkies will be very good pets.

Back
Top Bottom