Hello from Bastrop, TX................What breeds are these chickens/rooster?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by TiffanyR, Jan 21, 2014.

1. TiffanyR

TiffanyR Out Of The Brooder

Jan 21, 2014
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

All I keep are black australorps. So I can not help you. BUT....there will be others along shortly that will no doubt be able to ID them for you. [​IMG]

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

1 person likes this.
  3. TiffanyR

Jan 21, 2014
    I am new to raising chickens. Our first chicken is a feral chicken we were given off of Farm Street in Bastrop, where the chickens roam free. Our next 2 we purchased. Our third was another feral chicken. Our next 6 we purchased. Then the owner's rooster, got to our first feral chicken, Miss Kay, and she just had 10 babies. I have grown very fond of our chickens and spend a lot of time with them. I am excited about being a part of BYC and look forward to many conversations and learning.

4. TiffanyR

Jan 21, 2014
    Thank you so much for the Welcome! I am excited to be a part of BYC and making friends and learning.

5. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. TiffanyR

Jan 21, 2014
    Thank you roostersandhens for the welcome!

7. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Cute birds! First one looks like a Delaware, second could be a game hen of some sort, looks a lot like a Phoenix, the roo is a (Splash) Blue Laced Red Wyandotte.

1 person likes this.
  8. TiffanyR

Jan 21, 2014
    Hi Kelsie2290! Thank you for the welcome and helping me out with figuring out what my babies are. Someone in Bastrop had mentioned that the 2nd hen (Miss Kay) could be a Sex-link hen? I NEVER knew how many chicken breeds there are! WOWZA! The 6 we bought the second time around are Rhode Island Reds.........that much I know for sure. My husband came home with (Jessica) the first picture shown and a sibling (Missy) that I think is also a Rhode Island Red. There is so much to learn and I am a beginner, so I am looking forward to exploring BYC and trying to learn as much as possible. I have started a notebook to keep all my information in. Hope you have a wonderful day and thank you again for responding!

9. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    http://feathersite.com/Poultry/BRKPoultryPage.html#Chickens don't know if you have seen Feathersite ... talk about a lot of chicken (and other poultry) breeds ... Miss Kay doesn't look like what we usually see around here as a sex link, but somebody could be using odd breeds, you might try posting her on the What Breed Or Gender Is This forum where more people would see the pictures.

1 person likes this.
  10. TiffanyR

Jan 21, 2014
    Thank you!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by