1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Berwick, Nova Scotia!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by yknowthatgirl, Jan 29, 2017.

1. yknowthatgirl

yknowthatgirl Out Of The Brooder

Jan 29, 2017
    Berwick, Nova Scotia
    Hi everyone!

I'm very new to the whole chicken thing and have planned for some chicks or pullets at the end of April!

Trying to figure out this whole coop thing (already made a post in that forum!) and I'm already so excited!

Can't wait to learn more about keeping chickens!

2. Adalida

Adalida Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2015
    Montana
    Welcome to Backyard Chickens! I saw your other post with pics of your future coop, but my phone screen is kinda small so I can't see detail that well. It looked very roomy though, I'd probably end up with a ton more chickens if I had a coop that big!

3. yknowthatgirl

Jan 29, 2017
    Berwick, Nova Scotia

That's the plan! Start with 4-6 for this year and if I'm able to eat and give away/sell enough eggs, I'll get more the following year.

The "coop" is at least 6x8, if not bigger, but I haven't actually measured it!

4. Adalida

Adalida Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2015
    Montana
    Do you have breeds picked out yet?

5. yknowthatgirl

Jan 29, 2017
    Berwick, Nova Scotia
    Yep!

I really wanted Black Copper Marans, but it's impossible to find them as pullets. So this year I'll be doing blue and olive Easter Eggers and then hopefully added BCM and maybe Chantecler next year. Either as chicks or try and hatch eggs.

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under yknowthatgirl [​IMG] Welcome!

Good luck with the build and your flock.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

8. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Good luck with all your plans, they sound exciting!

9. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings and [​IMG]! Pleased you joined our community! Best of luck with your upcoming flock! [​IMG]

10. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by