Hello from Bonney Lake, WA

Kenshan1

Songster
9 Years
Aug 13, 2010
Bonney Lake, WA
I am new to chickens, I wanted a relaxing hobby to get into. With my husband out of work & going to school, my business finally getting busy it is a lot of stress so I'm getting into chickens
smile.png
My mom raised chickens when I was a kid but I was young enough that I don't remember much except having a butcher block lol. She then raised ducks, those I do remember & no we didn't eat them just the eggs. We also raised australian shepherds & did dog 4-H, FFA Beef so I know a little. I raised 2 chickens in high school in Animal Science, loved that class. Was able to bring them home for pets, leghorns. One had a comb up her name was Rain & the other had the comb down her name was Drop. Drop lived the longest, she would come running when called she was too funny. Now 10yrs later this is a new adventure. I have 10 chicks from my uncle's feed store in Graham, WA, Webster Feed. I have 2 Chipmunk EE, 3 I think Cuckoo Marans & 5 Silver Lace Wyandotte. My favorite so far is the EE. My daughter & I are trying to handle them as much as we can. The EE are the calmest of the bunch. The Marans seem to be the shyest of the bunch, harder to catch etc. My husband built me a coop/hen house out of half of our wood shed in the 90 degree weather we had. 10x6ft, the nesting/roosting area is off the ground so the chickens have the whole floor area to run around.

Am wondering, how do I tell what age they are? They have their wing feathers. The Wyandotte are getting more of the body feathers & seem to be bigger then the rest.

Shannon

65421_image_455.jpg

65421_image_437.jpg

Back
Top Bottom