Hello from Bowdoinham, Maine

revjon

Hatching
7 Years
Apr 10, 2012
Maine
I'm not new to backyard chicken keeping, but I am new to this site. I look forward to talkin' chickens with you. We are just starting up a new small flock of 12 birds after loosing a whole flock last summer to a fox. The coop is now secure and we're looking forward to a fresh start (and some fresh eggs again soon!)

WelcometoBYC.gif

I am so sorry your chicken keeping started that way, but I can relate. We started with 10 buff orpingtons. They were lovely little chicks and were growing and filling out well for a couple of months. When we moved them out into the brand new coop they we were so looking forward to spending time watching them grow. Then, one of the little dogs we had dug her way into the coop and killed them all. It was a very hard lesson to learn in predator proofing. However, a year later we fixed the coop up and started again. Now, three coops later and I"m not going to tell you how many chickens because my husband might hear ( LOL) We are still growing and enjoying our chickens. I hope you will too and welcome to BYC :)

Back
Top Bottom