Hello from CA. No chickens but lurking here awhile

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by AznChick21, Mar 25, 2011.

1. AznChick21

AznChick21 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 25, 2011
    Hello! After lurking on here for awhile, I decided to finally join. I have no chickens and since I live in an apartment right smack in the middle of the city of Los Angeles, I can't raise any myself. However what got me lurking on this site was after my mom mentioned before that one day she might want to raise some chickens. My parents live in a suburban neighborhood in the San Francisco bay area. If my mom does end of raising chickens, it won't be right away though because they're getting the house their living in now ready to be sold. The house they're going to eventually move in is one they're renting out right now. Once the current tenants decides to move out then my parents will be fixing up the house for them to live in themselves. Right now there's a swimming pool in that backyard, but my parents will be getting rid of it and then the backyard will be a spacious area to raise a few chickens if they do decide to do so.

But anyways since I've found this site, I've been coming to lurk every day hahaha. Everyone is right, it IS addicting. Even for someone with no chickens. I love especially reading about the pictures and stories many of you have posted about your chickens. And by reading the posts, I've been getting over my previous fear of chickens. This past Feb, I went on vacation to Maui Hawaii and each time I saw some wild chickens, I got super excited. Got a few great pics I took of them. One of the cutest thing was when I was about to fly back to CA, my parents and I were returning the rental car and waiting for the shuttle to take us to the terminal of the airport, saw this chicken family crossing the road haha. It's like a mommy, daddy, and 2 babies. I think I'll post the pics in the pics and stories section. Just wanted to say hi here [​IMG]

2. Pinky

Pinky Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 15, 2008
    South GA
    Hi and [​IMG] ! Glad you joined us! [​IMG]

3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana

Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

4. Hillbilly Hen

Hillbilly Hen Overrun With Chickens

Apr 11, 2009
    Newaygo Michigan
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Michigan

5. dkvart1

dkvart1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2010
    Greetings and [​IMG] from a chickensless former lurker!

With any luck, come this summer I'll start my adventure with chickens...meanwhile I am compiling and ever growing list of what breeds I want.

edited for typos

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  6. crazy huhn

crazy huhn Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2008
    Hi from SoCal.

It seems that it will not take long for you and you will have chickens.

Not that I do want to advocate it, but you know that there are a lot of people keeping apartment chickens like little Serama bantams, right? [​IMG]

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. [​IMG]

8. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia, Ca and [​IMG]

9. paddock36

paddock36 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 24, 2008
    Ocala, Florida
    Nice to meet you. [​IMG] from Ocala, FL.

10. Attack Chicken

Attack Chicken [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Hu

Sep 25, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    [​IMG] from Indiana! [​IMG] [​IMG]

AC

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by