1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from California!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mirajane, Dec 29, 2015.

1. Mirajane

Mirajane Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2015
    California
    Hello Everyone! My name is Mirajane, but you can call me Mira! I started a chicken project this year, and I have a few. I saw this site and hoped i could learn more and teach others something they don't know. I have learned a lot about animals, and I hope to be a vetrinarian when I'm older. I have studied chickens recently with my tutor, who is a vet himself, and have learned their anatomy, dietary, habitary problems, veining, fece anatomy, and dissection. I have given autopsy to a couple birds and found diagnoses. I hope I can help everyone as much as they help me! Thank you for having this site!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  2. OrganicFarmWife

OrganicFarmWife Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2015
    No where Nebraska
    Welcome! This is a great site full of helpful people. When you get a chance check out the learning center, it is full of great info.
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    Great to hear you have an interest in Chickens. I will look forward to seeing you around.

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Hello again, I just replied to your other post. I'm sure you will become a great vet. Do you plan on treating chickens as well?

4. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC, Mira. I just replied to your other post as well and as I said there, "Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers."

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. Mirajane

Mirajane Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2015
    California

Of course! I started chickens this last year, but I'm addicted to them already. I started researching them right when I got my chicks at Tractor Supply.

7. trailrider330

trailrider330 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2013
    Midwest America
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by