Hello from California

jeaucamom

Songster
12 Years
Oct 1, 2007
Ophir, CA
My name is Susy and we live out in California, up in Auburn. We are about a half hour north of Sacramento up in the foothills. We are about 6 weeks into this new season of chicken loving and we are looking for some local folks to share our enjoyment with. My 16 yo daughter wanted to raise chickens for a homeschool project and now the whole family is totally loving this. So.......Hi!...... and hope to meet y'all soon
wee.gif
I couldn't resist! I've never seen such cute emoticons. That was definitely worth finding this site
tongue.png

Welcome!! I am in Iowa, not to close but there are tons of people around the world that would love to share thier experiences with you. This and the ez board have wonderful members that all love chickens and other poultry and fowl.. Enjoy the sites. Jenn

Hey Jeaucamom,
Welcome. We are neighbors - I have a Grass Valley address, but live on Hwy. 49 about half-way between GV and Auburn! I don't know how many of us from this area are on this site, but I know pannier123 lives in Colfax area. I've had chickens since March, and it's been so much fun watching them grow from little-bittie chickies in our bathtub to these big beautiful girls (and boys) who give us eggs and keep me laughing everyday. I just have them for eggs, but if you want info on showing or raising them for the pot, this is the place to be - so many incrediblely knowledgeable people! Get all your questions answered about chickens, and pretty much everything else! Have fun with your chickies!
Liz

I'm not real close to you, but I live in Ripon, which is in the Stockton-Modesto area, about a couple of hours away. I was in your area last week on business. I love the Auburn-Grass Valley area, and wish we lived up there instead of here!

Welcome to the board, and good luck with finding more locals to share this wonderful, addicting hobby with!
smile.png

Welcome jeaucamom,

I am in CA to but I live South of San Jose in Morgan Hill.

One of my friend's that I grew up with lives up in that area but in Grass Valley! My DH's Aunt lives in Aburn.

It is beautiful up there!!!!

Lisa
smile.png

YEAH!!!!!!!! People near me who love their chickens!!!! I am so excited. Lots of fabulous people over at Daves Garden, but am so happy there are people so close by. I live just off of Bell so all you GV people know where that is. We lived up there for about 11 years before we moved down here. I SOOOOO wish I was back up there. So where do all you locals get your chicks, eggs, supplies etc????? Yeah!! I am so glad to meet you! Susy

Howdy, My wife and I are from Fair Oaks, CA where the chickens still run wild in the old town. We have currently 18 chickens. We get our feed and supplies from a feed store we have quite a few around here.

Hi everyone .
ya.gif
. just found this thred and you all are the closet to me i'm up here in north san juan ca. just 15 miles out side nevad city. glad to see there are others who love there birds and like to talk about them. i raise mostly seramas. and play around with a few other breeds
bun.gif

I live only 20 minutes from Lake Shasta in Redding. I have eggs hatching in my classroom tomorrow for open house. This will be our 2nd hatch. Most go to my students.

I just sold most of my hens. I am down to only 7 hens - mostly orpingtons, and 2 very large cochin roos. I have 25 chicks I just hatched. They were shipped eggs from back east. Barnevelders, welsummers, EE, and some marans. I am exited about all my new fluffly butts!

My hens go through the vineyard and eat bugs. When I clean out the coop, it all goes in the vineyard. It is a perfect win, win situation.

welcome-byc.gif
frow.gif
from Modesto!

I'm Kim

Really don't know this area that well. I grew up and lived in the Bay Area until 2 years ago and really didn't travel the state much ever.

I go get up towards Sac once in a while and I go to Dixon, Davis and Fairfield (Travis AFB)

I have lots of chickens and chicks, but if I could find some land I could afford I'd have a lot more. LOL

I also have Lionhead rabbits.

My 5 year old grand daughter lives with me and wants to SHOW chickens, so I signed her up with APA-ABA Youth Project. I haven't had a chance to really do much with her to get started, but she wants those prehistoric looking Modern Games and I want her to show my bantam Favs.

California has lots of threads and there's one for your area, although you are welcome on any of them.

In other words................make yourself at home!

Back
Top Bottom