Hello from Carroll County MD

ChickityChina

Songster
Feb 18, 2016
Carroll County, Maryland
So I have been traversing this site for about a year now, just joined officially a couple weeks ago, and figured I would stop in and say Hi!
frow.gif

I live in Carroll County MD with my hubby and three kiddos (8,6, and 2) with another on the way, due in July. We are a proudly mixed Irish-Taiwanese family. Every day is an adventure as I am learning Mandarin Chinese to communicate with my in-laws and my 2 year old is bilingual. It's a blast!

We are building our first coop now. I will post pics after we make more progress. I have a brooder set up in the basement for the day-old chicks I am getting next week from a local feed store. I am planning on getting a mixed flock of 3 EEs, 1 RIR, ! Australorp, and 1 Golden Comet. I have heard good things about the laying ability of these breeds as well as their hardiness and friendliness. I want the kids to be able to interact with the hens. I will post pics of my chickadees when they arrive,

This is my first flock officially, though I have been around chickens since I was very little. I am so excited at the prospect of raising my own hens from chicks and I am so grateful for the wealth of knowledge and advice I have found here on this site, and the super-friendly people who are willing to chime in on everything from chicken nipples to boiled eggs!
lol.png
So thank you!

Looking forward to getting to know y'all better!

Hi and a warm welcome to BYC - glad that you have decided to take the plunge and join us. It sounds like you have all your ducks in a row (no pun intended) in anticipation of your new flock which is great! If you wish, you could check out your state thread (type your state in the search box) where you will be able to meet other BYC members in your area.

All the best!

CT

Thanks for the welcome CT! I did just make a post in the Maryland thread as well :)

But I don't know about having all my ducks in a row (I did giggle at that) as it seems that the more I read here the less I feel like I am truly prepared. I guess some of it just comes with time and experience, but I want to give my flock the best start I possibly can with the knowledge I am offered here.

welcome-byc.gif

Raising poultry is a great family hobby...there's fun enough for everyone and learning how to care for animals teaches kids a lot.

There's a ton of information available here and a lot of friendly, helpful members. If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom