Hello from Central Arkansas

BBQBenson

Hatching
5 Years
Dec 29, 2014
My wife and I will be newbies this year. We think we'll start with 4-6 Rhode Island Reds. I've built a nice little brooder, but I would like suggestions on a good, easy to build, coop. I'd like a box, for egg harvesting and clean out. And good plans would be helpful since this will be my first coop to build. Thanks everybody

Go to coops on the home page. There are a lot of photo of coops. Look at cluckies-coop & Wichita coop. Lot of fine looking coops there. I am building about March 01-05 better weather here in Springfield Mo then.
My chicks come March 02 and have a brooder for them.
Do you have and chicks yet or coming soon. Here in Springfield I buy from C.M.Estes Hatchery. 1 800-345-1420 also a web page. Been in business since 1921. Good people. Give them a call, lots of dates for eggs and will ship. PP

Last edited:
My wife and I will be newbies this year. We think we'll start with 4-6 Rhode Island Reds. I've built a nice little brooder, but I would like suggestions on a good, easy to build, coop. I'd like a box, for egg harvesting and clean out. And good plans would be helpful since this will be my first coop to build. Thanks everybody
Rir are great birds...can't get a better homestead bird!

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC!!

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Definitely stop by our coops pages for lots of good ideas from our members. Dawg has left you with the link. There are lots of easy to follow coops and some even have plans.

If you run into any questions feel free to ask about things. Welcome to our flock!

Back
Top Bottom