1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello From Central Florida!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tsisqua, Sep 29, 2016.

1. tsisqua

tsisqua Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2016
    Very new member raising two Barred Rocks and two Rhode Island Reds. My girls turn 8 weeks tomorrow, and they are happy little girls! They torment my three miniature poodles, and give my son and I hours of entertainment!

Since transitioning them from the brooder box to their coop, I built a "flip-coop" that serves as a portable run. I live in a suburb and this is perfect for my back yard.

I'm so glad to find this site - It's help me make a number of decisions before I purchased my "peeps" - I had originally planned to buy 4 month old pullets, but opted for peeps because I want them to used to being handled. So far, so good!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas tsisqua, and :welcome. Great to have you with us! Happy you are enjoying your flock! Best wishes!

3. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Out of the Woods Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

4. BuffOrpington88

BuffOrpington88 Non-Stop

Mar 20, 2012
    Hi and welcome to BYC! Thanks for joining us! [​IMG]

5. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
  6. QueenMisha

QueenMisha Queen of the Coop

Welcome to BYC! It's great to have you.

7. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

x2 on the FL state thread, lots of helpful friendly members there (I moved from FL to WY earlier this year).

Glad you're finding out how much fun chickens can be, we can always use another crazy chicken lady around!

8. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Wish you could post a video of those brazen little chicks going after your poodles. [​IMG]

9. tsisqua

tsisqua Out Of The Brooder

Sep 29, 2016
    Wow! Most websites I've subscribed to seem to take weeks for even one person ti notice you've arrived! Thsnk you all for thw warm welcome and advice. I have contacted the Florida thread, and hope they get back to me soon.

As for posting photos and videos, I will just as soon as I can figure out how to do it. I'm a pretty technilogiclt challenged 63 year old#

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by