Hello from Central Florida :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by tmasker, Jul 25, 2011.

1. tmasker

tmasker Out Of The Brooder

Jul 22, 2011
    Central Florida
    Hello!
    We've only been raising chickens for eggs since April 22, 2011. I recently posted “Emergencies/Diseases/Injuries and Cures>>sick polish—mold??” when my Polly feel ill. This has been a really informative forum and I am happy to report Polly is on the way back to gaining her strength. I spend hours reading all the posts to get the most information in an effort to making my chickens healthy and happy.
    I recently posted our story on "Raising Baby Chicks>> Holy Heck, what happened????????” but I am not sure if I can repeat the information here as an introduction. Please let me know if that is appropriate.
    Meanwhile, we have a lucky 13 chickens at this time, but started out with a selected 6 in April. We just acquired two Silkie Hens on Saturday! [​IMG]
    I am looking at ways to naturally worm my chickens since I let them free roam when I am outside and watch for hawks. Their favorite pastime is to scratch in the leaves under our camper or around the compost pile. I understand Florida is famous for many things including worms for our animals. Although, I have my dog checked for worms every six months, I have not found a vet who will deal with chickens even when Polly was so sick! I am still watching the posts for more information. The breeder where we purchased the Silkies gave her chickens pumpkin seeds and cayenne pepper to worm her chicken.
    Thank you again for your warm welcome. I am working on posting some pictures and also interested in the photo contest, but can’t find any information on it.

2. Darlasmum

Darlasmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2009
    La Crescenta, CA
    [​IMG] from So Cal. I think the photo contest info is in the top thread-Announcements.

3. yankeedoodle300

yankeedoodle300 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2011
    Chicken Heaven
    A Deep South [​IMG]

Can You check out my post called HI Ya'LL Please!

Thank God for chickens too, Y' Know

4. Cadjien_De_Louisiane

Cadjien_De_Louisiane SWLA Gamefowl Breeder

Apr 18, 2011
    Welsh, LA
    Welcome from Southwest Louisiana! [​IMG]

5. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

6. tmasker

Jul 22, 2011
    Central Florida
    Ok... a newbee question. How do I put all my information in my posts on the left side and under the message? [​IMG]

7. Cadjien_De_Louisiane

Apr 18, 2011
    Welsh, LA
    If I remember right, I think you have to have like atleast 10 post or so. Then you will be able to do that. You will go to Profile then Personality

8. tmasker

Jul 22, 2011
    Central Florida
    Thanks for your response. I found profile and it did give me the message that I had to make 10 posts [​IMG]

9. Cadjien_De_Louisiane

Apr 18, 2011
    Welsh, LA
    Cool your welcome

10. texasgal

texasgal Brood with an Attitude

Apr 18, 2009
    A big Texas-sized [​IMG]

[​IMG] .... again.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011