Hello from central Louisiana

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by sphill, Jun 20, 2016.

1. sphill

sphill New Egg

Jun 20, 2016
    Hello everyone. I am new to having chickens but I have recently gotten 3 Production Reds and 3 Buff Orpingtons. I love taking care of them and my 19mth old son gets excited and loves to be around them as well.

2. Jucodeo

Jucodeo The Sky is Falling!

Jun 15, 2016
    [​IMG] and [​IMG]
    Hey @sphill ! This site is very helpful for all chicken related things! Since you are new to chickens I will leave you the link to the most prominent learning area on this site our Learning Center a place with updated articles for old and new chicken raisers! https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center I hope you enjoy BYC and make sure to post pictures of your flock and give us updates on how you are doing here https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/40/family-life-stories-pictures-updates There you can post pictures and updates on your flock both chickens and children and how you feel you family is doing because we love to hear how our members are doing! I am happy you were able to follow your dream and get a flock of your own that is so nice! All the best of luck to you and your flock!
    Justin [​IMG]

3. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congrats on your new birds, very nice! How long have you been keeping chickens? The learning Center is a fab place to stop by ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center
    Lots of great info there that will really help you out.

Wishing you the very best of luck for the future. Enjoy your time here on BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    Hello there and welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

Don't you just love your Buff Orps? I love the Orpington breed...so docile, friendly, tolerant of all weather and great layers too! Orps make great lap warmers...train them up early in life and you can never get them off of you! LOL

Great to have you aboard and we do welcome you to our flock! :)

5. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and a warm welcome to BYC - glad that you have joined us and congrats on your new flock.

All the best
    CT

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens

8. Chickenmama5677

Chickenmama5677 Just Hatched

Jun 21, 2016
    Northwestern Louisiana
    Hi! I'm new to BYC and to raising chickens too and also from Louisiana. We're in Northwestern Louisiana and have 4 chickens that I 'think' are leghorns and I 'think' are 18 weeks old. Although, I have my suspicions that we possibly have all roos [​IMG] They are all huge and have massive legs and bright red faces. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by