Hello from Chester County, PA

PinkLady445

In the Brooder
5 Years
Nov 2, 2014
Chester County, PA
Hello everyone! I just started raising chickens this year. I started with a small flock of 6 and as of today it just grew to a flock of 12 plus 4 lavender guineas. I have a mixed flock 1 too, 6 black silky, rhode island red, Silver laced Wyandotte, Black australorp, Barred rock and an Easter egger. I don't know what I'm going to do with so many eggs:rolleyes: but I'm sure I'll figure it out along the way. Glad to be on this forum and look forward to learning a lot from all of you.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join our flock. You have a nice mixed flock. Black Australorps are my favorite standard breed. I've raised them for years and they are extremely hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter, made lap pets of ours), and excellent layers of large, brown eggs. Easter Eggers are my granddaughter's (pictured in my avatar) favorite hens. She loves their colored eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

Hi :welcome
Glad you joined the flock. What a lovely mixed flock you have. It's amazing how the flock grows so quickly isn't it :gig

I'm sure your friends and family would enjoy your extra eggs they are so much more tasty than store bought and you know just where they came from.

Be sure to ask any questions you may have :frow

Thank you. Yes, I am now also a victim of chicken math. I only went to buy a few and the owner just gave me all his silkies and I just couldn't resist myself. I'm in trouble.
1f600.png

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

It sounds like you have a lovely flock! Good luck with them.

Back
Top Bottom