1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Cincy!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by hpyhnds71, Jan 2, 2014.

1. hpyhnds71

hpyhnds71 New Egg

Dec 29, 2013
    Cincinnati
    I've been creeping on the site for months now and thought I should go ahead and join. We have had 6 hens since late May. We inherited them from my nephews who decided they got too big for them to handle anymore after about 8 wks old. (not to mention they didn't have a coop) I built an ark-shaped, non-mobile coop perfectly sized for the 6 we have, but am now in the process of building a slightly larger coop inside my detached garage. My husband wants to add a few more girls to the flock. Since we inherited them, we got the breeds they chose, golden comets and red rangers. We would like to add a few auracaunas and marans to the group.
    Thanks for all of the info and guidance I have gleaned from the site prior to joining! Hopefully I can continue to learn and add to the vast knowledge base available here!

-Hpynds71

2. Peep-Chicken

Peep-Chicken Overrun With Chickens

Jun 10, 2013
    Michigan
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

3. Kelsie2290

Kelsie2290 True BYC Addict Premium Member

Feb 18, 2011
    Ohio
    Hello :frow Welcome To BYC and Happy Holidays!

4. gander007

gander007 Chicken Obsessed

Alright and [​IMG] go to see you could finally join us [​IMG]

5. KentuckyMom

KentuckyMom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2013
    Foster, Kentucky
    Welcome from Kentucky! This site is full of great information and interesting people!

6. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Chick addiction is very predictable - please build larger coops than you feel necessary, I promise you will fill them up. So many great breeds to choose from. If you buy a variety of them, in time you will decide on favorites and sell off the others. A word of caution, if you buy what is called "straight run," you can expect a majority of cockerels and either be stuck rehoming them or eating them. Better to buy either older birds that are definite male or females, or buy "sexed" chicks and hope they did a good job choosing.

7. liz9910

liz9910 Overrun With Chickens

Apr 8, 2012
    Northern California
    [​IMG]

8. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] to BYC!

Great to have you aboard and enjoy BYC!

9. Nofowlplay

Nofowlplay Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2013
    In the backyard
    BYC has all the info you will need....members are very helpful!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by