Hello from Cleveland Heights, Ohio!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by flibbertigibbet, Mar 24, 2013.

1. flibbertigibbet

flibbertigibbet New Egg

Mar 19, 2013
    Cleveland Heights, Ohio
    Hello all!

About a year ago the city that I live in finally got on their game and started allowing homeowners to raise backyard chickens. I was living out of the state at the time and found out about the new zoning about a month ago so I decided to start raising my own chickens this summer. I'm completely new to it, so I was very excited to find this online community. I've been on BYC for about a week now and have already learned quite a bit. I'm planning on building a coop out of some re-purposed materials (I'm in the process of hunting down an outdoor children's playhouse at the moment) but once that's done I'll be ready to get my girls! I'll be raising chickens for their eggs, but other than that I'm still doing some research on the best breeds for my area and needs. I'd like to get an heirloom breed so that I can have those pretty brown eggs. I love spending time outdoors and the fact that I'm slowly getting my backyard ready for gardening, and now chicken raising, is a wonderful reminder that spring will be here soon. I'm really excited to join this community and learn about all of the wonderful things that my fellow backyard chicken raisers are doing!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    1 person likes this.
  3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

4. TwoCrows

TwoCrows Show me the way old friend... Staff Member

Mar 21, 2011
    New Mexico, USA
    My Coop
    [​IMG] from New Mexico!

I am a former Ohioan myself! [​IMG] Welcome and enjoy BYC!

5. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    [​IMG]

6. Mr MKK FARMS

Mr MKK FARMS Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Sep 27, 2012
    Welcome to BYC!! [​IMG] Glad you joined us!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by