1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from Clovis CA

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PATCH5, Apr 4, 2011.

1. PATCH5

PATCH5 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 4, 2011
    Hello all! Names Darrell, and I (we) am the proud owner of a flock that currently has 8 hens. Getting chickens was one of the first things I did when we moved out of the city and onto acreage, I like the self reliance aspect that they give.
    I started with a flock of six adult hens and two ducks who not only thought they were chickens, but were deathly afraid of ducks. Unfortunately, my beloved Rottie, rest her prey driven soul, managed to escape the back yard and, well, it was ugly. Only one survivor. Full beak, a RIR.
    Our current flock consists of Full beak, four more Reds and three Black sex linked. Our girls are currently mad at me because they have been locked in their yard since I planted the garden a week ago (havent fenced the garden and it turns out the girls are sure that freshly planted veggies have tasty roots!).

Edit, looks like no pics on the first post... So you don't get to see the girls!

2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

Hey Darrell! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! [​IMG]

3. PATCH5

Apr 4, 2011
    Here are the girls, minus one who was laying: (their yard now has netting over it too)
    [​IMG]

Original bunch:
    [​IMG]

4. PATCH5

Apr 4, 2011
    b.hromada :

Hey Darrell! [​IMG] from S. Florida! Its great to have you here with us! [​IMG]

Thanks!​

5. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia, Ca and [​IMG]

6. rarely bored

rarely bored Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 22, 2011
    Central California
    Hello and [​IMG] from the foothills to the south of you! good to see you!

7. Cacciatore

Cacciatore Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 19, 2011
    San Pablo, CA
    Welcome from the East Bay. [​IMG]

8. tresjolie

tresjolie Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2011
    Tracy, California
    Hello from Tracy California. Not too far. We moved to acreage too and we have 3 little cows as of today. (plus 3 horses and 11hens and 1 Foghorn Leghorn! I say!)

9. PATCH5

Apr 4, 2011
    Lots of CA ppl here! Anyone read the article today in the Fresno Bee? BYC was on the front page...

10. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by