Hello From Colorado!!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by COMama, Mar 31, 2016.

1. COMama

COMama Just Hatched

Mar 31, 2016
    Colorado
    Hello! I just started the journey of being a duck mom. We wanted to raise chickens, but I was a little scared. When I was a kid my family raised a few Pekins, and I felt more comfortable tackling ducks at the moment. We plan on giving chickens a try later, but for now we will stick to ducks. We brought our babies home last week (Buddha and Cheddar) and like the nervous mama I am I turned to Google multiple times a day when questions arose. Every question I had led me to this website, and the community seems so caring and knowledgeable. I am over the moon in love with my ducklings (might have some to do with my pregnancy hormones right now) and it seems that there are many people who share the same love for their feathered babies here. I have found the information here to be so wonderful and I am excited to join this community.
    [​IMG]

2. sourland

sourland Broody Magician Premium Member

May 3, 2009
    New Jersey
    Congratulations on your pregnancy, new ducklings, and oh yeah Welcome to BYC.

3. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Are your new ducklings Pekins like the ones you had before? A picture of them would be fun to see. There isn't anything much cuter than ducklings.

It's nice to have you join us!

4. COMama

COMama Just Hatched

Mar 31, 2016
    Colorado
    [​IMG]
    I was quite young when we were raising them,we only had two generations, but they are just as sweet and funny as I remember. And thank you for the congratulations. :)

1 person likes this.
  5. COMama

COMama Just Hatched

Mar 31, 2016
    Colorado
    And yes they are Pekins. Once they are a bit bigger we are going to get two Ancona ducklings, then call it good for a while.

6. N F C

N F C doo be doo be doo Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    They are so cute!

7. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Welcome to BYC! :)

Congratulations on all the new beginnings! Your ducklings are too cute! :love

8. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

9. NickyKnack

NickyKnack Love is Silkie soft!

Hello!
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to BYC and the coop! There's a lot of great peeps here! Feel free to ask lots of questions. But most of all, make yourself at home. I'm so glad you decided to join the BYC family. I look forward to seeing you around BYC.

10. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Ducks just have the biggest, sweetest eyes - they are adorable. Did you know Backyard chickens has "Other Backyard Poultry" forum which covers, ducks, geese, swans, guineas, quail, pheasants, and even Emus. If you have duck specific concerns that would be a good place to post them. If you have general questions like housing, predator protection, etc. you can find that by using the search box.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by