Hello from Colorado

CoChicFarmer

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 26, 2013
platteville, Co
Hello all, I am a new member and would like to say thanks to the sponsors and all who post on here. This is a very helpful site, as I am new to the chicken world, and now that my pullets are getting bigger and I added a roo I now have some questions of my own.

I currently have a silver lace that has just started laying (5 days ago) , I also have two Rhode island reds one is 4 months or so, same as silver lace. The other RIR is about two months I think they're all female. Then I have two of the show birds that have the fro also about two months. Last but not least I have a Silkie rooster around 2-3 months. My question is will he mate with my girls? And is it good to keep them together?

welcome-byc.gif
It's good to have you here. I'm new to chickens myself (I got my girls in March) so I'm always here learning! I'm also from Colorado. Do you have pictures of your flock?

welcome-byc.gif
IF he is a cockerel(very hard to sex silkies before 4-5 mos.old) then he will breed your hens. If you want to keep the breeds pure, you'd have to have separate pens for each breed and the same breed rooster in each.

Back
Top Bottom