Hello from Devon, UK

Brahmagirl

Chirping
11 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Hi Everyone, registered recently and been reading here for quite a while - looks like lots of great chicken-loving people here - with lots of knowledge to share!

I've got 11 houses of birds the main groups being Araucanas, Barnevelders, Brahmas and Derbyshire Redcaps (an old English breed - now quite rare) - also lots of "seniors" of various breeds, as I have been keeping hens for 10 years and all my birds are kept until they leave me from natural causes. All my groups have roosters with them - and I sell hatching eggs at my local market.

yay! im the first to say:

welcome-byc.gif

Welcome to BYC! I'm also fairly new to this forum, and haven't figured out the fun graphics.

I love that you keep your birds until they die of natural causes. I also hope to do that for mine. How long do yours lay, and how long are they "seniors"?

Again, nice to meet you!

frow.gif
Welcome!

Since you have been reading for a while I'm sure you know that there are several folks on your side on the pond that are members here. Sounds like you have quite a setup! We'd love to see pictures of your coops and birds!

wee.gif

Quote:
Hello, and welcome! What do you mean by "11 houses"? How many birds per house, how big is a house? I am bowled over by the idea of 11 coops!
frow.gif

Welcome from across the Channel,

the Bristol Channel that is....

You seem to have a lovely set up down there,

Glad you have joined us.

Jena.

Back
Top Bottom