1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from East Texas

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by SuzCor, Feb 24, 2016.

1. SuzCor

SuzCor Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2016
    Gilmer, Texas
    Hi all,
    We got our 1st baby chicks last Monday, we are also new to having chickens. They are approx 2 weeks old and are growing fast. We got 4 Barred Rock and they are very friendly and curious. We have handled them daily since we got them and now when we take them out of their brooder they step up onto our hand. We are loving being chick owners and I know we will have many questions over the days/weeks/months of caring for our little flock.

2. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to the Backyard chickens flock, glad you joined us. Please check out the Learning Center, it is the best place to start a chicken education. Congratulations on your first chicks.

3. CTKen

CTKen Monkey business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and a warm welcome to BYC - exciting times ahead for you I'm sure! Your state thread will also put you in contact with other BYC members close to you.

All the best
    CT

4. KeyFlock

KeyFlock Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 22, 2015
    Kansas
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined us!! Please feel free to ask questions [​IMG]

5. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Congratulations on your first flock! It's fun when the little chicks get to know you and can be handled easily (that will make them even more enjoyable as they get older). If you have any questions, feel free to ask. There is a ton of information available here and a lot of friendly, helpful members.

Thanks for joining us!

6. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life Water Under the Bridge Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

7. LynnDJackson

LynnDJackson Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2016
    Humble, Texas
    Hi there! Where are you at in East Texas? I'm in Humble.

8. SuzCor

SuzCor Out Of The Brooder

Feb 24, 2016
    Gilmer, Texas
    Hi, I am just outside of Gilmer which is North East of Tyler. We moved to East Texas this past August after living in a suburb of Dallas (Rowlett) for 20+ years. We purchased a house with almost 8 acres of land attached. We have always wanted to live in East Texas and finally got the chance this past year.

9. LynnDJackson

LynnDJackson Out Of The Brooder

Feb 25, 2016
    Humble, Texas
    8-10 acres and a farmhouse is my DREAM. Congratulations!

10. BYC910

BYC910 Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] Eight acres Hummmmmmmmmm, hope you got enough land I swear them Chicken just like Rabbits . And they eat like hogs . but once you taste eggs from your flock your hooked .I would tell you
    all you need but you'll find out as you go . keep up with things like worming . they will be old enough before you know it . enjoy your new place and don't be shy . ask lots of questions . always answers here [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by