1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Hello from East TN

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Pokesallet, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Pokesallet

Pokesallet New Egg

Sep 12, 2010
    Hello Ive been raising road island reds for about 2 years now and find it a fulfilling hobby. We have had very good luck with them laying and now im interested in hatching their eggs. I found some plans for a homemade incubator on google at this site and decided to join up so I could ask for any advise. The only problem Ive had so far is the thermostat. The one Ive got cuts off when it should but doesnt cut back on until the temp has dropped to about 93 degrees. Is my thermostat just not sensitive enough or is there something else I could be doing wrong.

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. First it would help to know your setup. They could be too far apart from one another. You can look at my BYC page and check out my home made bator, maybe it will help. [​IMG]

3. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Welcome from Central Florida!!

Lisa [​IMG]

4. Pokesallet

Pokesallet New Egg

Sep 12, 2010
    Quote:I checked yours out and my is pretty much the same. Im using a standard size light bulb 25watt and my cooler may be a tad bit smaller but other than that its the same as far as I can tell. I havent put the fan in yet cause I want to get the temp to stay at least close to the desired range before I do.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2010
  5. Gallo del Cielo

Gallo del Cielo La Gallina Resort & Spa

May 6, 2010
    Tucson
    My Coop
  6. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] and [​IMG] from S. Florida! Glad you joined us! You'll get lots of great information on this forum! [​IMG]

7. 1_FnkyFrm

1_FnkyFrm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 6, 2010
    Knoxville, Tn
    [​IMG] from Knoxville...

8. tobin123

tobin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 4, 2009
    fountaintown,indiana
    [​IMG] and hello from Indiana

9. lilmstw72

lilmstw72 Out Of The Brooder

Sep 4, 2010
    Mid-Michigan
    Welcome from Michigan!

I just recently found this website and am amazed at the information included!

10. CountryRoosterUSA

CountryRoosterUSA Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from N.W. Tenn.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by