Hello from Eastern Ontario -Canada

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Mardi, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Mardi

Mardi New Egg

Jan 8, 2011
    I grew up on a dairy farm , we never had laying hens, just a few that made it to the freezer. My Husband & I moved out of the village last year and this property came with a coop and 5 old hens, we decided to keep them and add a few new ones for eggs. Or course, these decisions have a way of taking over - We are up to 13 hens. We have three of the original ladies, guessing at what they are - one is a Rhode Island Red , one a bantam Plymouth Rock and one a silver laced Polish. none of whom lay anymore. We have since acquired three red sex link and three White Jersey Giants, two Plymouth Barred Rocks, two Partridge Rock. We are hoping to add a half dozen more, its hard to keep the numbers down when there are so many beautiful birds around. And I am being restricted by the coop size and my husbands unwillingness to renovate the garage. We found BackYardChickens.com on google when looking for information about 'backyard chickens' I've visited here several times in the past & just decided to register now that the holidays are over.
    We live on a one acre lot with our three dogs (two Briards & one Havanese - all males), two domestic cats and now our hens. We use to show our dogs but no longer participate at dog shows we now garden and enjoy our hens & might find a chicken show to have a look at a spectators only.
    Looking forward to all the ideas & information that is available with this group. Wendy

2. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello from Hesperia, Ca [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Pascal PicklePants

Pascal PicklePants Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2010
    Boise, ID
    [​IMG] from MN

I love the Partridge Rocks.

4. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. Yep, chickens are like chips, you can't stop at just a few. [​IMG]

5. Muscovies

Muscovies Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] from North Carolina

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

A warm welcome from an imp in Washington

Yeah, that's how chicken math works. [​IMG]

Imp

7. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio

8. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    [​IMG]

From Syracuse, NY Where the taxes go up and the population goes down.

Rancher Hicks Specializing in Delawares the worlds most wonderful Chicken breed.

9. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio

10. Peipooch

Peipooch Out Of The Brooder

[​IMG] from central Illinois!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by