Hello from Elbert, CO

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by elbertchick, Jun 30, 2011.

1. elbertchick

elbertchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    I confess I have been reading these post for sometime, this site is fasinating! I have loved birds always but never thought I would have geese or chickens of my own till I met Desi, my Chinese goose. I work at the local feed store and each day he would greet me and walk down his pen with his companion Lucy. Of coarse I couldn't leave him there and so it goes. Next came Chicka1 and Cally. My husband said I was not allowed to name my chickens I would get attached. Well that was three years ago. Now I have 5, three week old EEs, 5 silverlaced Wyandotts, 5 golden laced Wyandotts, and 5 standard cochins who all showed up Easter week from the Cackle Hatchery. I now know about breeders but this was my beginning. They are mixed with my two 3 year old. The EEs are living in my kitchen till they are bigger. Along with my chicken guard dogs, three border collies and two kitties, we have a nice little crew. I have been doing a photo shoot of my Wyandotts and Cochins weekly till they were 10 weeks old. I hope to post them on my page when I get some time, I have loved the pictures on this site. Thank you all for so much info and so much fun!!! Suzanne

2. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    Hi Suzanne glad you're here [​IMG]

From Arvada but soon to be (tomorrow) Brighton [​IMG]

3. crtrlovr

crtrlovr Still chillin' with my peeps

Hi Suzanne! [​IMG] Welcome from another Suzanne! It's nice to meet you, and I agree -- this IS a fascinating place! So much helpful info, so many friendly people, so many topics of conversation from which to choose, so much witty, good-natured banter -- what's not to love? [​IMG] Pull up a comfy chair and let's get acquainted! [​IMG]

4. elbertchick

elbertchick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2011
    Moving not so fun but I think the weather is supposed to be decent, at least maybe a cloud cover. Its raining here now but at least it isn't 100 like Wednesday. Have a great day tomorrow and thanks so much for the greeting, everyone here is so nice![​IMG] Suzanne

5. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us.

6. Desert Rooster

Desert Rooster El Gallo Del Desierto

Sep 4, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca
    Hello [​IMG] from Hesperia,CA and [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
  8. renart

renart Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 16, 2009
    Kingston, WA
    Welcome from NW Washington State! Can't think of a better place to read and learn about our chicken friends! So many helpful and friendly people here! [​IMG]

9. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

10. WatWasIThinking!!!

WatWasIThinking!!! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    [​IMG] from Illinois

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by