Hello from Ellicott NY!

mrspang

Hatching
Dec 11, 2015
Hi,
I have never had chickens before, but am hoping to get some in the spring! My kids are so excited! We live about a mile outside of Falconer, NY (you can have chickens in Falconer). I called the Town of Ellicott to find out what the regulations are for my area and found out that I am actually in an industrial zone. Ah! I am just outside of the agricultural zone. Figures! They actually weren't sure what the regulations are for my area... and I am waiting for a call back. But it's been awhile... I know it's a long shot, but can anyone shed a light on this? We would like to have a small flock - about 5 hens.

welcome-byc.gif

How nice you'll be able to get chickens! They are so interesting and fun, I bet your family will enjoy their antics and of course, the eggs are wonderful.

Thanks for joining us!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. Raising chickens is a wonderful experience for children. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in being able to have chickens.

Thanks for the info and welcome! I did hear back today that we can have any number of hens and roosters! So excited!

Back
Top Bottom