Hello from Evergreen, CO

HRoseC95

In the Brooder
6 Years
Dec 7, 2013
Hi!! This forum loook awsome!! I have been lurking for a while and thinking about getting some more chickens. We had some 4 to 5 years ago but tragically they all got eaten by a black bear :( before they even started to lay :(. We have since goten rid of the coop and are in the process of planning a small fortress for the new birds. Yesterday we order are new baby chicks from my pet chicken. They aren't going to arrive till the week of april 15th so have lots of time to get ready. So we ordered 12 day old chicks, 2 rhode island reds, 1 buff orpington, 1 white plymouth rock, 1 partridge plymouth rock, 2 australorp, 1 golden laced wyandotte male, 2 speckled sussexs, 1 easter egger, and 1 ancona. All but the golden laced wyandotte are female. I can hardly wait for the little ones to arrive!
As for a little bit more about are family we have 2 dogs Bear a great pyrnees/ border collie mix and Canyon and Alaskan husky. We also have two indoor outdoor kitties named tiger and shadow. We live up in the mountains on 7 acres with no close neighbors.
Her are some pics!
Bear
1ce309cc929fe892a4450393b7c0a0eb.jpg

Canyon
5ff25b885dff9ff35a94d6b8f514970b.jpg

Shadow
453934d2d5b617c6786e48676f94af4f.jpg

Tiger
P1160120.jpg

I love the family!
Welcome to BYC!
I hope your fortress works for you this time. How disappointing to lose them the first go around.
Bear looks like a mt. goat!
big_smile.png

Thanks for the kind words!! Bear thinks he is a mountain goat! He likes to get up high and watch over his kingdom.

Back
Top Bottom