Hello from far far away

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by DreamBird, Dec 2, 2011.

1. DreamBird

DreamBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2011
    New Caledonia
    Greetings everyone !

It's this year when I've been finally finding something I would really appreciate and adore, our dear peafowls. Since August this year -or even late July- I've been a lot into them, visiting my zoo for the only sight of a peacock and a peahen preening each other. I live in New Caledonia, which is quite hot at the moment because of summer coming for us. Unfortunately my yard is way too small to host peafowls or to build a pen, but whenever I can, I plan to live in Australia in a region which allows people to keep peafowls as pets. This is going to be a long road, but heh, I would do anything I can to be a Peafowl Owner as well ! I'd been wandering a bit as a guest on the forum and was not sure if I could register since I do not own any peas, until Minxfox recommended me the forum not earlier than the same day I'm typing this message. I'm a bit of a shy person even on the internet though...but I'm sure willing to share with you about peafowls or anything else possible ~
    Also, I'm french, so please excuse any english mistake, I'm a 17 years old girl still learning ;u;

I hope to have a great stay here, and I will be more than willing to share some photos as well ~

2. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from California

And your English is just fine. I hope you make a lot of new friends here.

3. DreamBird

Dec 1, 2011
    New Caledonia
    Thank you very much !
    I've been hearing really good things about BackYardChickens, so I feel happy that I'm registered here !
    Thanks for the welcome ! I hope I'll meet some nice people as well [​IMG]

4. kcjones

kcjones Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2011
    Hello from Texas [​IMG]

5. DreamBird

Dec 1, 2011
    New Caledonia
    Hi ! Thank you for the kind welcome, I do appreciate it a lot :'D

6. Mother_Hen2011

Mother_Hen2011 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    AND A BIG
    [​IMG]

TO YOU!!!! Happy holidays as well [​IMG]

7. DreamBird

Dec 1, 2011
    New Caledonia
    Woot ! Thank you !
    Unlike most people who will be having snow and such, we are only getting heat and humidity for Christmas [​IMG]
    But I'll make sure to have nice holidays by visiting the zoo, thanks again [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  8. Mother_Hen2011

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    Quote:No problem [​IMG] I hope we get snow for once I want a white christmas [​IMG]
    Where you from? If you dont mind me asking?

9. DreamBird

Dec 1, 2011
    New Caledonia
    Quote:I've never seen snow in my life as of late. Except in my fridge [​IMG]
    I'm from New Caledonia, and just in case you don't know (because most people seem to ignore about it) it's an island located North of New Zealand and East of Australia, approximately 1 hour and a half by plane travelling from New Caledonia to Australia. So...No snow. [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 2, 2011
  10. Mother_Hen2011

Aug 2, 2011
    New Mexico
    Quote:I've never seen snow in my life as of late. Except in my fridge [​IMG]
    I'm from New Caledonia, and just in case you don't know (because most people seem to ignore about it) it's an island located North of New Zealand and East of Australia, approximately 1 hour and a half by plane travelling from New Caledonia to Australia. So...No snow. [​IMG]

Aww shucks that stinks [​IMG] I love the snow as long as I dont have to stand in it for to long [​IMG] No i didnt know and if you didnt tell me I would have probably asked a ton more questions but now that thats cleared all up no problems [​IMG] Im sure you will enjoy your time here on the BYC because the people are great and so are the pictures stories and advice! [​IMG] I love it and glad i found it! If it wasnt for BYC I wouldnt know what to do most of the time [​IMG] (First time owning chickens [​IMG] )

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by