1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Hello from Fife Lake, Michigan

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by fifelakelooper, Jan 12, 2011.

1. fifelakelooper

fifelakelooper Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2009
    fife lake, mi.
    Hi from one of the snowbelt areas of North Michigan! My husband and I are retired since 2003 and live on 20 acres in the small village of Fife Lake. We are near Kalkaska, Cadillac and Traverse city. My coop is presently empty....I had to sell my hens a year ago and have ordered 25 more due in the spring. I've really missed having the chickens around and hope this time to not only be able to keep them but get into breeding.
    My husband has turned most of our open fields (about 8) from ferns to native grasses and wildflowers since moving here in 2003. It is ongoing but we are hopeful that this coming spring will look magnificent. I do a small veggie garden and several perennial gardens. We both love the outdoors. We have a wonderful dog...half french brittany and half beagle....and I am happy to be back in the country....and back to BackYardChickens! I'm wondering if anyone knows of where to purchase organic chicken feed near my area? I see there are sites on BYC for making your own which I will do if I can't find any local supplier.
    Hope to hear from fellow chicken lovers!

2. Wild Trapper

Wild Trapper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 1, 2011
    Ohio
    Hi and [​IMG] from an [​IMG] guy in Ohio. I visited MI with my wife this past summer, wish we could have stayed longer, but didn't bring the camper as we had to go to the Detroit airport. But, we did take the time to head across the state to Lake Michigan. We vowed to return.

3. Cat Water

Cat Water That Person

Jul 4, 2010
    Mid Coast Maine
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] I wish I had 20 acres! Your dog sounds cute. [​IMG] Can we see pictures? I hope you have a good time here!

4. ThePigeonKid

ThePigeonKid Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Ohio - Chickens 3yrs
    [​IMG]

5. Peipooch

Peipooch Out Of The Brooder

Welcome back! This is a great forum![​IMG]

6. jen5680

jen5680 Southside Silkie Shack

Jun 18, 2009
    SW Ohio
    [​IMG] from SW Ohio!!

7. mgw

mgw Chillin' With My Peeps

May 29, 2010
    Eastern Wa.
    Welcome, from Eastern Wa.

8. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. You will have to post some pics this summer of your fields. [​IMG]

9. Fred's Hens

Fred's Hens Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Greetings neighbor! We're just 20 miles east of you. Anything you need, just drop me a pm

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by