Hello from FL

julz802

In the Brooder
Jun 19, 2018
HI! My name is Julie, and I've been happily owning my small backyard flock for about a year and a half. We were given 2 adult Ameraucana with the whole set up from a family who couldn't care for them anymore. Then we purchased 2 female plymouth rocks and 2 white pekin ducks. Unfortunately, one of our ducks was killed last month.

Nice to meet you Julie, Welcome to Backyard chickens. Maybe it would be best to wait till you can determine the lone duck's gender before getting another. Then it would depend on if you want another of the same sex, or one to complete a breeding pair.

Nice to meet you Julie, Welcome to Backyard chickens. Maybe it would be best to wait till you can determine the lone duck's gender before getting another. Then it would depend on if you want another of the same sex, or one to complete a breeding pair.
We had the ducks nearly a year. They were both female... great friends. The other wouldn't lay or spend much time in the duck pool for weeks after her death. She's doing better now, but we plan to get her a companion.

Welcome Julie to BYC :jumpy
Sorry for the loss of your duck. I hope you and the other one are adjusting ok.
There is a wealth of info on here on both chickens and ducks, as well as a lot of knowledgable peeps. Glad you could join us all here.
Enjoy!
:wee

:welcome

Hi Julie, it's nice to have you here!

Sorry for the loss of your duck, unfortunately, things like that can & do happen.

Be sure to check in with your state thread, you'll find lots of good info, advice and local tips there:
Florida

Best wishes to you!
Awesome! I was unaware that there was a state thread. That'll be very helpful

HI, Julie, welcome to our club. SQUAWK!
peeps smiling.JPG

Back
Top Bottom