Hello from Florida

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Frizzle Chick, Oct 11, 2016.

1. Frizzle Chick

Frizzle Chick New Egg

Oct 10, 2016
    HI There,
    I have not had chickens since I was a lil girl..and granted I am no spring chicken myself anymore, but got me some Frizzle Cochins to which I adore .. they are only a few months old, I love watching them come out and hop around the pen and play.. they seem to respond to me and are gentle and sweet natured.
    I found this site as I was looking as to how to tell when they will lay eggs and how to tell a male from a female.. some combs are very red... one sat the other day and hissed and did not want to be moved.. but they are too young for laying so not sure what that was about.. my 7ft son was with me and they are not nearly as fond of him as me.. and have pecked at him.. you cant force chickens to go in at night was the lesson he learned hah..
    I have been around animals all my life, adore them, breed Quaker Parrots, and Lovebirds, a litter here and there of Stunning quality, teacup sized Shih Tzu.. and the beautiful French Bulldog..
    Anyways wanted to Introduce myself..

2. AustralorpsAU

AustralorpsAU Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2016
    Down Under
    Hi and Welcome to BYC!!!!!
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. RodNTN

RodNTN Following Jesus

May 22, 2013
    The USA
    My Coop
    Hi and [​IMG] Glad you joined us! Glad you decided to take up chicken keeping again!
    Aww, Cochins- how sweet! If you post some pictures we could try and tell you the gender. Very happy to have you! Have a great time on here!
    [​IMG]

4. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
  5. Frizzle Chick

Frizzle Chick New Egg

Oct 10, 2016
  6. CuzChickens

CuzChickens CountryChick

Apr 24, 2016
    Virginia
    Hello, and welcome to Backyard chickens! Glad you joined us, and I hope you make yourself at home! I have enjoyed BYC to no end, with tons of information, and friendly people. I hope you enjoy it here as much as I have. :)

7. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Welcome to Backyard chickens. The link just showed some pictures, no video. Lots of dog breeders on BYC some current - some retired (like me)

1 person likes this.
  8. BlueJuniper

BlueJuniper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 31, 2016
    Albuquerque NM
    My Coop
    hello and [​IMG]
    So glad to have you on the site!!!!!!
    I love Frizzle Cochins, and I think they are absolutely adorable! Hope you enjoy them.
    I'm at the same point with my chickens: they are taking their time before they lay that first egg.

Hope you like it here!!

-BlueJuniper

1 person likes this.
  9. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC! I'm glad you joined us! :)

10. Frizzle Chick

Frizzle Chick New Egg

Oct 10, 2016
    Thank you al[​IMG]l so much..i know i have much to learn and look forward to tending my babies and learning what they need to live a long healthy life

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by