Hello from Florida!!

Wendi-N-Jay

In the Brooder
Apr 19, 2017
Florida
This is my 2nd flock. We moved about 5 months ago and had no choice but leave chickens behind. (It was best for chickens since we didn't have coop at new home and new owners were excited about chickens...not to mention daughter lives down street and was a vet with her own flock) About 5 weeks ago I was finally able to get a new flock. Picked up 24 babies. First week was sad when I lost 7 little ones. The place I bought them did give me new ones, which none died. I did lose a bigger one a couple weeks later, but now have 23 happy chickens. We have been real busy building them a coop and have it built enough and secure to live in new home. Still have some work to do, but mostly cosmetic stuff!! Looking forward to "chicken conversations!"
1f423.png

What a nice looking coop ! Any chance you're going to post
more pictures of it? What size is it?

Conversation is no problem here. Dey is some plumb windy
folks that hang out here. Just jump in and welcome aboard.

What a nice looking coop !  Any chance you're going to post
more pictures of it? What size is it?

Conversation is no problem here. Dey is some plumb windy
folks that hang out here. Just jump in and welcome aboard.

Thank you very much!! Sure, I can post more pictures. The coop area as 12x8, I have a storage area that is 4x8 and the run is about 140 sq ft, L shaped. Once they are laying we plan to let them free range, but wanted to keep them safe and secure while little so hawks don't get them.

Here are a few more pictures. Definitely a work in progress, but it keeps getting bigger and bigger! Lol! My husband decided he didn't want to NEED to add on when I get more, because he knows I will!
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f423.png
1f602.png

I think I like everything about that coop. I can sure see me hanging
out on the front porch.  

"Em, where's my rocking chair?"

Rocking chairs are definitely in the plan!!
1f609.png
And to avoid the monster mesquites, we plan to screen in front porch too! Lol! I may never go home!!
1f423.png
1f609.png

Back
Top Bottom