Hello from Florida

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by rocko, Dec 19, 2010.

1. rocko

rocko New Egg

Dec 19, 2010
    I am living on the "Plantation in Plantation". It's a 1 acre lot - but in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale area that is a heck of a big place. We built a coop in September and populated it with two Rhode Island Reds and two Americaunas. I didn't know about the egg song! One Red (named Rocko) just started laying this week and that song she does is loud! I think that the neighbors are going to complain, so I am off to post about the ordinances in Plantation, Florida and get some input. thanks

2. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Good luck [​IMG]

3. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Welcome to BYC... I'm blessed I suppose because I have an enclosed coop so it takes the noise level down a notch...
    The down side is I have to turn on an AC unit in the summer.

The only other time my hens get real loud is when I come into the back yard. They get louder if I feed other pens first, so I always feed them in their run first, just to shut them up!!

Good luck with your birds and with an acre... you'll need to get MORE chickens!!
    [​IMG]

4. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio

Happy Holidays

From S&N Livestock and ThePoultryBarn

5. Sunny Side Up

Sunny Side Up Count your many blessings...

Mar 12, 2008
    Loxahatchee, Florida
    [​IMG] Hello from your near neighbor in western West Palm Beach! I know we're allowed to keep chickens here, but don't know what the laws are in your area. Maybe you can endear your hens to your neighbors by sharing the eggs with them.

6. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    Welcome to BYC.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by