Hello from Florida!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by turtlewomyn, Sep 2, 2011.

1. turtlewomyn

turtlewomyn Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2011
    Tallahassee, Florida
    I am located in Tallahassee and have decided (after more than a year of thinking about it off and on) to start a small backyard flock. I am here to do research as I get ready (although now that the decision has been made it is really hard to wait!).

2. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] Hello, from the Big Bear mountains of Ca. Glad you found us. [​IMG] :yiipchic

3. ChickenLoverChrista

ChickenLoverChrista Out Of The Brooder

Nov 2, 2010
    Fort Pierce, FL
    [​IMG]

wlecome aboard [​IMG]

4. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York! So glad to have you with us. Tons of great information here.

6. peepblessed

peepblessed Chillin' With My Peeps

I learn several things on this site everyday. It is really awesome! Check out all the different breeds and see which ones you fall in love with. Welcome to BYC! [​IMG]

7. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Howdy from Kansas, turtlewomyn and [​IMG]! I like your approach of research first, then purchase. [​IMG] I went the other way because I lacked the will power to wait and had to learn on the go! [​IMG] Thank goodness for BYC! Enjoy your birds when you get them. [​IMG]

8. Longhorns&Chickens

Longhorns&Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2011
    Welcome!! I'm a newbie, too!! My husband did a lot of research, and this is a great place to get it. Hope you don't have to wait too long for some chickens, I hate that part!!

9. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!!

10. turtlewomyn

turtlewomyn Out Of The Brooder

Aug 27, 2011
    Tallahassee, Florida
    Yeah, I spotted some pullets on my local craigslist and just started corresponding with the seller, lets see how good my willpower is (or how fast my research skills are). I want rainbow colored eggs and she has a buff orp (6 months) and easter egger (6 months) for $5 each and bantam barnvelders for $10 each that are already laying. I have my coop design picked out (mother earth news mini coop and run made from a dog house and wire mesh) and am picking up some of the materials (the doghouse, found on craigslist) on the way home today.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by