Hello from Florida!

seviesnape

Chirping
7 Years
Apr 12, 2012
St. Pete , Pinellas County ,FL
Hi all,
So I don't have any chickens YET but I have been thinking about getting some for over 2 years now. I would like to have 6-8 for my own egg production. I live in the city and can only have pullets and hens.

I breed and show Australian Cattle Dogs and I am very serious about producing quality well bred examples of the breed without any health problems so I DNA test and OFA my dogs. I can always feed them any extra eggs , I know they would love them!
I would like to find some nice quality chickens from good stock, once I started reading I realized I needed to stay away from the hatcheries so any hints on how to go about this? I see we have swaps at some of the feed stores but they are always on Saturdays and I work every Saturday!
I am researching coops right now , I am handy and can build one but it may be easier to buy one, has anyone purchased one that can house up to 8 ? Any sugestions, I can easily add to it .....
Thanks, i am excited to be here!
Missie

Hi & Welcome!!
wee.gif

Hello and :welcome
I know that sometimes the people on BYC hold swaps too, you could check out the Meet ups and swaps or Where am I, where are you sections to find people near you who might be able to provide you with chickens.

Enjoy the site. :D

Back
Top Bottom